News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Havildar Shankar Powar, Bombay Engineers Group

Ed_Haynes

Just in. Apoligies for the naked medals.

Havildar Shankar Powar, Bombay Engineers Group

1- General Service Medal 1947 - JAMMU AND KASHMIR 1947-48 - "1505756 NK. SHANKAR POWAR, BOMBAY ENGR. GP., R.I.E."

2- Meritorious Service Medal - ""1505756 HAV. SHANKAR POWAR, BOMBAY ENGR. GP."

3- Indian Independence Medal - unnamed

4- 1939-45 Star - unnamed

5- War Medal 1939-45 - unnamed

Just one question: is there a collector`s market for ODM in India/Pakistan ???

Yes, very much. But only a few collectors (South Asian or foreign) can contend with the ever-rising prices and shrinking supplies. A standard ECON 101 scenario. Many items are now cheaper and easier to find in London, at London prices, than in New Delhi. Yet the best items still stay in India (and, I presume, Pakistan, though the market there is less well developed).

Oh, to have the time and cash to go to the source (India) for those rare items. Perhaps Pakistan would not be the best place to hunt for medals at the moment, still the temptation would be there. :rolleyes:

Great group, Ed.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

I seriously considered getting into collecting ww2/modern indian groups as they are still priced nice but the one thing holding me back is finding a supplier of replacement ribbons. Ed do you happen to know of one?

Cheers

Chris