News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How to stop rust in EK?

Ayup. Was turned onto it by someone in a forum long ago and far away. Been using it ever since with nary a problem. Flows into the cracks and dries....dry. I use it on guns, knives & swords, tools, bike chains, and anything else metal that needs protection and lubrication.

I imagine you have the same problem with humidity on the Left Coast I do here in the swamp. A dab of Boshield, problem solved.

Edited by Tom Y

thanks tom!

i will get some of this boeing product and put it to good use...i recently discovered that 20-30 eks i had in storage suffered varying degrees of damage thanks to a malfunctioning sprinkler system...basically one riker board...just glad it wasn't ALL of them.

cheers!

thanks tom!

i will get some of this boeing product and put it to good use...i recently discovered that 20-30 eks i had in storage suffered varying degrees of damage thanks to a malfunctioning sprinkler system...basically one riker board...just glad it wasn't ALL of them.

cheers!

Ewww :(

Hello

I see that the website Tom directed us to doesn't sell this outside of the USA. Is this anything like WD40? Or do any UK members know if this Boshield T-9 or an equivalent is available over here?

Thanks

david,

perhaps you could ask for the product (or a comparable substance) at a local motorcycle parts shop or a marine repair shop.

i think i once read that the application of WD40 on crosses is a bad idea--it doesn't dry, and can damage the finish (or remaining finish) on a core.

Is this anything like WD40?

Unequivocally NO WD40 is a kerosene based product which loosens rust , never dries, and most important, deteriorates paint. You don't want to loosen or remove rust, just stabilize it.

Bicycle shops sell a chain lube that is very similar to T-9.

• 5 weeks later...

hiya, kids!

i finally got ahold of some Boshield. it's time for me to experiment, and i figured it would be nice to have a visual aid for this thread.

here is the subject: a L59-marked 1939 EK1--before the unfortunate incident, the core was blued, if i remember correctly...