News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Award Certificate Rising Sun

christerd

Hi all, I have just got my first certificate still in the wooden box !

After reading theese threads I have learn that the Order Rising Sun 8th class was awarded during Meiji period

But could anyone give me some more info about the award cert :unsure: Rank or something ?

I also got another thin paper whick the seller says was a application form for this order, commnets ?

Christer

And the application form ?

The paper is not cut I just made it smaller in the scanner, could anyone translate it ? ( maybe I have it upside down :cheeky: I am very very

bad in japanese Language to say the least.

Christer

This certificate is to Senior Cavalry Private Kastumura and is dated 1st April 1906. This means it is an award for the Russo Japanese War. Now that you have started on the slippery slope of collecting Japanese certificates there are loads more for you to get !

Cheers,

Paul

This certificate is to Senior Cavalry Private Kastumura and is dated 1st April 1906. This means it is an award for the Russo Japanese War. Now that you have started on the slippery slope of collecting Japanese certificates there are loads more for you to get !

Cheers,

Paul

:jumping:

Thanks Paul , You put me over the edge when I bought your book " In the name of a Living God" (which I can recommend to all) :cheers:

Now I am going down down down :lol:

Christer

• 2 weeks later...

:jumping:

Thanks Paul , You put me over the edge when I bought your book " In the name of a Living God" (which I can recommend to all) :cheers:

Now I am going down down down :lol:

Christer

Japanese collectables are a real trap... whether you go into sake item, medals and badges or certificates!

:beer: