News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Regimental Badge

Guest Rick Research

No wonder it's a :love::love: -- Rozet & Fischmeister are my favorite makers of Austro-Hungarian Orders! :cheers:

I think there's a photo of Archduke Eugen wearing one of these on his kepi.

No wonder it's a :love::love: -- Rozet & Fischmeister are my favorite makers of Austro-Hungarian Orders! :cheers:

I think there's a photo of Archduke Eugen wearing one of these on his kepi.

Really nice... I'm just starting to appreciate these badges and want to start collecting a few.

hope you have deep pockets, charles.

..there is one up for bid right now; it is at $425 with two days left...

I was a beautiful one with enamel the other day for the edelweiss division. Awesome but too expensive for me.

• 1 month later...

Charles,

The Hoch u. Deutschmeister regiment and the Edelwei?korps badges are some of the most desirable and thus most expensive. In the last decade there has been a great influx of Italian collectors into WWI Austro-Hungarian collecting (for obvious reasons) and with the value of the Euro, most of the nicer badges have skyrocketed in value. This used to be a very affordable area to collect in, but like everything else, it has gotten out of reach for the average collector. I am fortunate to have started collecting cap badges in the 1980s when the average price was about $15.00. Today, I would venture to say that the average is about $45.00 or more.

Chip