News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As I just LOOOOOVE NC ribbon bars and NC medals bars I couldn?t resist this one

I guess it is an early 1914 ex by the making of the bar?

I wonder how many of theese medals on NC ribbons there are out there ?

Christer

Forgive my ignorance :unsure: What does NC stand for?

:beer: Doc

Guest Rick Research

NC = Noncombatant. Brunswick reversed ribbon colors-- like the Prussiaan Iron Cross-- to distinguish frontline from war effort awards 1914-18.

All we've got to go by are what are seemingly the running numbers from Brunswick's missing rules.

"Yellow-blue" ribbon War Merit Cross/aka Ernst August Cross 2nd Class award document:

3,667 by 18 August 1918 when Herr Elsner got his.

• 1 month later...

And now I got a Document for the Gelb-Blauen Bande as well :jumping::jumping:

Awarded to Otto Sievers in March 1917 doc number K 1184 ( I have for a Fighter from June 1917 with nr K 2652)

And now as Indiana Jones hunting for treasures I will go hunting for a first class :ninja:

Or if my wife find me first I will go hunting for a new vacuum cleaner :blush:

He he

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Guest Rick Research

Sievers was commissioned as a Leutnant in Inf Rgt 87 with seniority 18.8.99 V9v. Still in that rank 1907, but I lose him after that.