News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The customs service decoration

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

hi i am looking for the ribbon for the customs service decoration, i got the medal but no ribbon.wanted either original or repro ,i ask j.cross of newmarket a nazi medal dealer he say the ribbon is rarer than the medal, if you chaps may know were i can buy one please let me know :food-smiley-004:

Edited by pikemedals

• 7 months later...

Hi L,

I've increased the saturation on this pic' in the hope that you will be able to see the rippled water effect that original service ribbons should have. If you hold these ribbons in a certain light, this effect shows up quite strongly. It's something to do with the way these ribbons were woven..

I'm sure that when I post this ribbon it won't show up well.. Have a look at some of the corn flower blue service ribbons, that I'm sure you will have, and all will become clear..

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

And here is the Baby Chick version on a ribbon bar.

One of the peculiarities of this 1939+ award is that it could be awarded AFTER a recipient already had the 1938 civil service cross for 25 years-- as is the case here. "Double dipping" for the SAME service, and a lower, lesser award after receiving a higher one! ohmy.gif

This particular recipient had the old Imperial army XV Years Service Cross as well, for THREE long services in TWO organizations.

Guest Rick Research

Ribbon bar versions were most often metal. I don't have one of those.

Yes you do Rick, you scanned some of the ones I had. I have images of the bars with metal miniatures. After SS minis, probably one of the hardest devices to find. next would be the RAD devices, especially silver.... will send RR images, if you need them. Cheers!

• 3 years later...