News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help unknown stuff

nikk77

Hi Gentleman's.

My Name is Nicol?s.

With a cousin' find in a room this...

We know that they was from a Hungarian. But we don't know which war belongs.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2008/post-5115-1218807258.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2008/post-5115-1218807245.jpg

Hope news soon.

THX

Guest Rick Research

Yes. I only recognize the post-1918 shapes and tailoring. The dark blue "Hussar" style tunic looks like a Second Lieutenant, but I don't know what the red collar patches indicate. This style tunic was worn by ALL officers as a form of service dress, I think.

Can you please post better photos of the collar tabs? The first one is indeed a Horhty era M1939 service tunic. From what I can see it may be a two star general's tunic, but I cant be for certain - looks like the left collar tab has some 'iregularities'. The second is a interwar era Atilla tunic - for a 2nd Lt in the Artillery. Better photos of each should help more - look inside under the left arm padding near the chest and there may be a name tag... one never knows...

Its interesting to put it in perspective of the rarity of PLMs.... I dont have a single PLM, but I have a few of these hanging in the closet.....

Edited by hunyadi

The award with the blue ribbon is an unofficial private purchase item for WWII military service, I can't remember the details although I should have an article on it somewhere. I think that they were sold by a Polish chap who was in charge of some organisation or other back in the 1980's.

Hi Nikk77 - the stanging collar tunic is for a 2nd Lt from the artillery. The second tunic is a generals tunic, but the collar tabs have been messed with - there should have been some tress along the outter perimeter of the collar tabs. Too bad as these (period) items are impossible to get.

the medal (Vitez Rend) cross is a commemorative item for the 60th annaversary of the Order of the Knight (Vitez). Hope this helps

By the way-the Blue ribboned cross is the European Federation of War veterans medal.

It's a (nice) private purchase bit and somewhat popular these days. I have seen them worn by British, German, Hungarian and Italian veterans.

They were first issued in the late 1960s/early 1970s though. I first saw them in 1976 (I'm dead certain of that fact).

I believe the HQ of the "Confederation" is in France (see the link at the bottom of the medal).

see here:

http://www.gelton.eu/mymedals/19xx%20EU%20...ombattants.html

Edited by Ulsterman

By the way-the Blue ribboned cross is the European Federation of War veterans medal.

It's a (nice) private purchase bit and somewhat popular these days. I have seen them worn by British, German, Hungarian and Italian veterans.

They were first issued in the early 1970s though.

I believe the HQ of the "Federation" is in France.

see here:

http://www.gelton.eu/mymedals/19xx%20EU%20...ombattants.html

WOW THX Ulsterman!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

nikk77,

Prices on the tunics depend very much on condition. The Horthy era one appears to have several holes which will make it worth less. These tunics seem to sell well on ebay but I would hesitate to put a price on it from the pictures shown here. The attila would have been worth more than the WWII era tunic but again without more information it is hard to say what it is worth. The problems with the collar tabs are difficult to overcome. Without some pictures of the markings in the tunic it is really difficult to say exactly what it is and therefore to give a price.

Can not help with prices on the medals.

Regards,

Gordon