News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another great photo Robert!

I figured that the reason the Luftschutz uniforms were so rare was that most people did not have them. I guess this photo illustrates that!

This is the first image I have seen of a lower ranked private!

The RLB had among the most beautiful uniforms, in my opinion!

Paul

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Robert-- This is VERY interesting indeed! No date or place on it?

As Paul says, the Luftschutz uniforms seem far rarer than a mass organization would suggest-- I have seen exactly TWO in 40 years. I have NEVER seen a Luftschutz overcoat before...

and I have also never seen these EARLY cap and sleeve insignias being worn on the regulation uniforms-- which means they went through some sort of transitional phase before the kind with the sideways eagles that look like they flew into the front of a truck.

The YOUNG Luftschutz uniformed members are also a surprise-- I've never heard of any! I suppose once the war started they were all called up into military service.

There seems to have been a lot of changing in uniforms during that short period of 12 years. I have not seen those RLB uniforms neither. I knew of the RLB-arm badge, but have not seen that together with the early style DLV-eagle on the sleeve.

You are probably right, that these younger members later went into the Luftwaffe and only the older members continued the RLB work.

The photo is not dated, but place was somewhere in lower bavaria. Photograph was from Dorfen and Tittmoning, both towns in the lower bavarian region.

I always like those photos from the "non-armed" formations. They always show up something new.

Robert