News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

INDIA ARMY LONG SERVICE GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL

Kang

Hi,

16067 L-NK (lance corporal) AJMER SINGH M.A.T.C.

Do you know any Indian Army Records website or email address available to research for this medal above? Very hard to find.

What is M.A.T.C. stand for?

I would like to find out more information about this medal?

Many thanks

Mr JSKang

Hi,

16067 L-NK (lance corporal) AJMER SINGH M.A.T.C.

Do you know any Indian Army Records website or email address available to research for this medal above? Very hard to find.

No, not now. Technically, this is illegal.

What is M.A.T.C. stand for?

This is a new one and a tremendous puzzle for me. Shall ask around. :banger:

I would like to find out more information about this medal?

Many thanks

Mr JSKang

The medal, easy. A good new book deals with it in detail :) . His medal? More difficult.

No, not now. Technically, this is illegal.

This is a new one and a tremendous puzzle for me. Shall ask around. :banger:

The medal, easy. A good new book deals with it in detail :) . His medal? More difficult.

Yes ok M.A.T.C. (stands for MERWARA ARTILLARY TRANSPORT CORPS) Do you know anything about this regiment?

No, I have never seen any evidence that such a unit ever existed. What evidence do you have?

I bought the medal and the seller mentioned the name. I make a note somewhere. This is rare. Maybe this is not during the WW1 and probably after 1947.

I bought the medal and the seller mentioned the name. I make a note somewhere. This is rare. Maybe this is not during the WW1 and probably after 1947.

A fair number of fraudulently-named medals to fantasy units have come recently out of Pakistan.

Which LSGC is this?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Might it be "Mountain Artillery Training Centre"? I think I ran across this abbreviation 20+ years ago. Must check the Indian Artillery history and "Tales of the Mountain Gunners".

Thought so. See here.

Never seen anythink like this in the GVI period. Would want to see the naming. (And, yes, I know that sub-divine beings cannot scan it.)

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Might it be "Mountain Artillery Training Centre"?

What about Mountain Artillery Transport Corps???? Sounds like a possiblity but i still want to see the naming before i say anything for certain. I checked DNW's archives and couldn't find mention of this abbreviation.