News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

From there his Wehrpass shows him joining a military traffic control unit (Verk.Reg.Battl 757). All such traffic control units were subsequently absorbed into the Feldgendarmerie his unit becoming Feldgendarmerie Abt. 757. He transferred to Feldgendarmerie Abt 581, also on the Eastern Front.

This is where it gets interesting, as records show that this unit had 3 Squadrons of Cossacks under its control and so was almost certainly heavily involved in anti-partsan operations. He was only with this unit for a few weeks before transferring back to Feldgendarmerie Abt 757 based in Norway.

Another interesting entry. It states that under regulations laid down by the controlling allies, it is not permitted for any returning German soldiers to possess foreign currency (in case it was "loot" obtained during their period as occupiers) . The second part of the text is blurred and partly obscured by the stamp but I am guessing it is a statement that the 1000 in Norwegian Krone he posses are his genuine personal assets.

Sadly, the uniform photo has been removed from his Soldbuch, but I was delighted to find that, tucked into the back of the book were some old original cellulose negatives, one of which shows him, in uniform with his brother ( who was KIA). The Feldgendarmerie sleeve eagle is quite distinct on the original ( unfortunately not too clear here as my scanner is not to good at copying negatives)

Very nice. Feldgendarmerie Kp.757 was directly under the Kdr. der Feldgendarmerie of AOK Norwegen and 630 was the feldgendarmerie detachment of the 230 Inf.Div. which, at the end of the war was located to the South of Narvik. The majority of the truppe was located in May '45 at a place called T?mmernes with detachments of a few men each spread around other major locations occupied by the division, such as the divisional HQ at Drag.