News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hey guys,

Toughts about this bar? Ribbons are fine under black light. Some period rust on the ribbons. Very bad wraping but still, have seen it before on original bars...

Also I tried to peak under the velt and its look good and old plate under it. Catch looks fine.

So, toughts. :unsure:

08020799be0307_o.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Is that a 1918 Cross of Liberty?

The Iron Cross appears to have been squooshed with pliers or something-- the frame looks like it was clamped by something... and from the looks of the holes on its ribbon, somebody (almost always Naughty Persons with Interfering Monkey Fingers :shame: ) had jammed a 1939 Spange on it.

But depending on what you paid for this, the Finnish award alone is worth it. :catjava:

I was first so sure its the Finnish Liberation war period Order of Cross of Liberty. But no :shame: "1941" on the back :mad: .

Same time the price was good and I am happy with that, what I got.

So, Rick, you think there has to be a spange on EK???? Is it hugh crime, if I get one and add it again?

Guest Rick Research

1941 is also fine for Germans, so no problem there. Typical for personnel in Finland who had not crossed the Soviet border in 1942/42 so no Ostmedaille.

Definitely NO to sticking a Spange back on there.

I remember Bad people doing that when I was a kid because the MORONS thought that "improved" medal baars. Very very VERY few peiple actually wore Spangen on medal bars during the war. Some did, but I'd bet 90% of what are out there are

"collector improved" damage.