News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions on two documents

To break the deafening silence here:

Two recently arrived documents.

-- I think they are to the same person, but the name??

-- What are these documents??

-- Other wisdom??

I know with Rick imprisoned in the parallel universe of German scribbles, he may not respond. I hope someone does. Thanks in advance. :cheers:

It are wounds notifications and they are to the same guy, Private Nikolai Kirillovich Ivashko.

On the first doc he is in the 126th Rifle Regiment and lightly wounded by shrapnel on 16 August 1944. Stamp of 2514th Army Field Hospital, dated 4 September 1944. I Can't make out more details on the last two lines.

On the second doc he is in the 337th Rifle Regiment and lightly wounded on 15 February 1945, again by shrapnel. The stamp is of the same hospital.

Guest Rick Research

"Certificate About Wounds" both for Nikolai Kirilovich Ivashko.

First from Army Field Hospital 2514 on 4 September 1933 as Private (Ryadovoi) 126th R(ifles) R(egiment), 16 August 1944 lightly wounded crack/splinter wound in rear of something.

2nd has no legible hospital stamp. Private (Krasnoarmeets) 337th R(ifles) R(egiment), 15 February 1945 lightly wounded by spolinter wound across 4th and 5th fingers of right hand.

(I went to my quarterly "Big Show" today and came home with nothing nothing NOTHING.)