News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marc,

it was more of a rhetorical question when I said that the mind boggles....

...it is indeed rather clear that given the award's number, and the dates of award and death of hero 4107, that this would not, could not be his wearer's copy.

A rather simple case of buying the medal and not the story. Of course its ok here as no major money seems to have changed hands.....

Right?

Jim :cheers:

Hardly even minor money, Jim :)

It is simply the puzzle of it all. This is (obviously) not a fake that would deceive anyone over the mental age of three. And it is a "something". But a "what"? And why? "Enquiring minds want to know".

:cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I think Marc's got it. It's like the many crudely fake Lenins that have the number "773" on them.

These may not fool us, but there are plenty of inattentive newbies of the type who surf eCrap without ever finding our collector websites who WOULD indeed be fooled.

I've got a "maker marked" Luftwaffe badge...

made out of cast lead and painted. :speechless::speechless::speechless:

For the sort of over-confident, under-experienced collector who only knows that something SHOULD have this or that mark... the rest can be ignored on the happy journey of greedy "wow am I getting a bargainl" self-delusion. :rolleyes:

Too crude for US, yes-- but not for THAT segment of the market.