News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWII Family Group

Bear

Thanks David

I'll see if I can track down the medals of another relative Ike. I know someone has them.

Killingsworth, Ike K - Capt Ike K Killingsworth, son of the Late Mr & Mrs Thos. E Killingsworth. Entered Air Corps in 1942. Served in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg with the 9th Air Force as a fighter pilot Flight Com. Holds DFC, Air Medal with 15 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters, ETO Ribbon with 5 Bronze Stars.

Killingsworth, Edward P - 1st Lt Edward P Killingsworth, son of Mrs Elsie Killingsworth, attended Longview HS and BMI. Entered Inf. in 1941; trained at Camp Bowie, Camp Claiborne, La., Camp Benning, Ga. and Camp Meade, Md. He served in England, France, and was killed in Luxembourg on Dec. 21, 1944. Awarded Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

thanks,

barry

Hello,

The wings I thought were Ike's are actually my grandmathers brother Stillman. She has a bunch of his stuff so I'll see what I can get. All I know about him is that he was shot down in France.

Whatley, Rupert S - Lt Rupert S Whatley, son of W H Whatley; attended Judson Grove HS. Entered Air Corps 1942; trained at Bonham, Lubbock and Randolph Field. Has served in Italy and England. Holds Air Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, Silver and two Bronze Stars.

thanks,

barry

Thanks Joel

I lost both my grandmothers and my grandfather this year so we've been sorting through all the stuff. I don't know that much about these guys so its all sorta new to me. I heard some stories about them when I was little but that went through one ear and out the other. Its funny that when I ask someone about them they always say you don't remember them. I was three years old when they were around.

I'll be glad when this year is over........ :banger:

thanks,

barry

great family medals !!!! those guys surely were the :cheers: greatest generation !

the purple heart and bronze star are officially engraved Poustumously awarded type given to family!

you could write Nara for there records !

use freedom of info act ant state you are direct relation!

write to

national military records center

military personnel records

9700 page st

st louis MO 63132-5100

write army for burial file (IDPF)

US army human resources command

200 stovall st

Alexandria VA 22332-0400

state under freedom of info act

and let them know you are last surviving relatives

these records will give you a ton of family info about there death and miltary history

scott

Edited by scottplen

• 8 months later...