News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good advice, D :cheers:

Although very close, there are some tell-tale signs to look out for?thank goodness!

I loath to go through them all (not wanting to give this person any more tips) but one of the main signs of a high end casting is the maker mark. If you look closely, and compare the mm with an original, you will see that the mark has been captured during the casting and has not been stamped. As well as the mm not being sharp, remnants (small balls) of metal can be seen in the lines of the maker mark?this would not happen if the badge had been stamped.

The main worry is the frosting!

Again, not wishing to put ideas into heads? this could be problematic for the collecting community in the area of refinishing, something to consider when looking at ?Mint? pieces.

Guest Darrell

Although very close, there are some tell-tale signs to look out for?thank goodness!

Skip et. al. have shown that they can be clearly distinguished, however (like you say) the frosting is troubling and could be problematic for refinished badges.

I loath to go through them all (not wanting to give this person any more tips) but one of the main signs of a high end casting is the maker mark. If you look closely, and compare the mm with an original, you will see that the mark has been captured during the casting and has not been stamped. As well as the mm not being sharp, remnants (small balls) of metal can be seen in the lines of the maker mark?this would not happen if the badge had been stamped.

The main worry is the frosting!

Again, not wishing to put ideas into heads? this could be problematic for the collecting community in the area of refinishing, something to consider when looking at ?Mint? pieces.

Hello!

Very interesting and informative tread. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

Hi Naoki

Looks like a very nice example?and good to see the set has its typical flock-lined GWL case.

Here is another set (also with flock-lined case) that has been together since day one.

:cheers:

Hi,John! Thank you for your opinions & Great SET picts!!!

I will looking for GWL of Doppelabzeichen,too..

GWL,This GWL had I sell from Bill Shea.

Thank you very much.