French Insignia Collectors

• 2 weeks later...

To all that responded,

My apologies for a very sloth reply as I am down a home computer and little access to others. I posted my question as i have aquired a large collection of such and have little to no idea as to what units that these DI's represent. I have included a scan of a very small part of them. Any help in identifying these would be a great welcome.

Regards

Mark

Hello RNLSGC!

15e R?giment de Chasseurs ? Cheval

501e R?giment de Chars de Combat

13e Bataillon de Chasseurs Alpins

As to the other "bugle badges" they?re either Chasseurs or Chasseurs Alpins.

The white cross on red with a double-headed black bird is 1er R?giment d'Infanterie.

The blue T is Transmissions units.

Greetings/GRA

I do thank each of you towards assisting me in this task and thanks for the link as well. I just wish that I spoke French :speechless: .

Might I continue by asking if there is a following of collectors for such insignia?

Best regards,

Edited by RNLSGC

Hello RNLSGC!

I?m trying to keep my collecting down myself, however anything cavalry related will instantly wake me up!

As to these French badges, I have to confess I?m having a language problem too, but there?s this web-

site that might interest you, and at least you might get a unit fix to some of your badges.

http://www.symboles-et-traditions.com/form/nouvelindex.htm

Greetings/GRA

Hello RNLSGC!

I?m trying to keep my collecting down myself, however anything cavalry related will instantly wake me up!

As to these French badges, I have to confess I?m having a language problem too, but there?s this web-

site that might interest you, and at least you might get a unit fix to some of your badges.

http://www.symboles-et-traditions.com/form/nouvelindex.htm

Greetings/GRA

GRA,

Thank you again for your information and link and as for Calvary, you mean like this Drago / G1627?

Hello RNLSGC!

The Spahis are cavalry, in this case originating from the once French colonies in

North Africa. Once there were Agerian, Moroccan and Tunisian Spahis regiments,

but the only unit left is 1er R?giment de Spahis, equipped with AMX 10 RC.

The name Lyautey is simply to commemorate a French general, who was involved

in the organisation of Spahis for service in WWI. While all other French cavalry units

wear silver badges, the Spahis wear gold badges.

Greetings/GRA

Bonjour,

Here is some infos

1st display

From L to R

Unknown para badge, 501 Groupe de transport (transportation), ?, 156th transportation instruction center,?

(Marseille?)Inter services transit base , 32nd engineer Regiment, National service office from an unknown town,?,?

1st infantry regiment, 7th chasseurs alpins Bn (light mountain infantry), 58th Signal corps Rgt,?

730th ordonnace company, 501st RCC (battle tank regiment), 13rd chasseurs alpins Bn , ?, 4e regiment de tirailleurs marocains

Hope I could help!

Cheers

Valery

GRA,

Thanks for clearing that up for me and here is a scan of additional insignia

Regards,

Mark

5e R?giment de Dragons

1er Esc, 4e R?giment de Chasseurs

The parachute wings are Dutch.

Greetings/GRA