News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Army Ambulance Corps

Paul R

Guest Rick Research

107th Sanitary Train was the higher "Battalion" level affiliation, but I can't locate that. That's the same sort of "Train" as in German SUPPLY units, not the railroad kind!

My grandfather served in an Ambulance Train (motorized stretcher bearer) unit-- but then he was drafted by mistake. :rolleyes:

Nafziger has an AEF ORB somewhere. If you can find out which Division/Corps this unit was attached to, then we can find out much more -fast.

Where was he from?

That side of the family grew up in Louisiana...(Grandfather was recruited in the Navy from New Orleans), but I think he may have come from another state... There is a letter he sent to his "soon to be Mrs. G..." who was residing in a different state. I have duty, but I will check that address again when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks Rick and David for the information on the Train. I figured it was a literal train...

Hey David,

I read the information on the link. It stated that:

The 107th Sanitary Train was formed from Wisconsin Ambulance Companies Nos. 1 and 2, Michigan Ambulance Company No. 2, Wisconsin Field Hospitals Nos. 1 and 2 and Michigan Field Hospital No. 1.

The bag stated that his company was the 125th?

Regards

Paul

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Michigan!!! So THAT's what your accent is when you call up on the phone! :catjava:

He was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way from home, too!

I always assumed my dour Yankee kin were fed in elsewhere to stiffen up you Formerly Confederate types :rolleyes: ( :P ) but now it looks like the good old army just scrambled up everybody everywhere! :speechless1: