News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Yes.... but this ugly old style was EXTREMELY uncommon under the Third Reich.

If that is original, the KVK 1939 would be the type without swords, not with swords-- from the KVM Medal 1940 this person was some sort of war factory worker or that sort of person. The dark blue ribbon is NOT for the Polizei 25 Years Service Cross-- which always had an embroidered police eagle device on the ribbon. That was actually probably a Prussian Medal for IX or XII Years. Nothing else makes sense-- a career civil servant would NOT have received the KVM.

I suspect rather strongly that what you have here is a CORRECT 1957+ West German bar for an OLD man wearing an antique, out of date style bar that was cheaper than the nromal style. The KVK and KVM would be in correct position per the regulations of 1957, as would the Austro-Hungarian Karl Troop Cross back in last place as a foreign award.

It is either a jumbled non regulation bar circa 1943 or one from the 1960s, but either way the KVK2X and Police 25 are incorrect. That is always the problem with bars when the medals can simply be slid on and off.

I absolutely do NOT like that bar. The Austrian Truppenkreuz suggests an Austrian wearer while all other stuff is German - and with the EK II, he should have been an Austrian OFFICER.

:speechless:

Rick, what did I miss about it?

Guest Rick Research

No, Germans DID receive the Troop Cross if they had served in an Austrian military unit. This was quite... well, not COMMON, but not bizarre. I've read regimental histories talking about officers being detached for MONTHS to fill some vacancy in a nearby Austrian unit-- so I suppose enlisted ranks might have been "loaned out" as well.

There are Reichsheer officers listed with the Troop Cross.

I've got a Wehrmacht (E) officer's ribbon bar (from Baden, actually :rolleyes: ) with a Troop Cross on it but I can't find the box that must be in. Sooooo mannnnnny ribbbbbbon barrrrrrs....

Yup- a large cadre of German NCOs was detached to numerous Austrian units beginning in 1915 to 'stiffen" their training as well as a number of Unterofficier level signals types to coordinate things on the Eastern Front.

This medal bar however, with a KVkx and a KVM ? Just too weird for me-and the old style (easy to make) tarpazoid mount and the come-on "attractor" at the end. am militeria perhaps?

Edited by Ulsterman

Also not to like me this medal bar.

I did not see till now documents in archive where it would be specified, that Germans received KTK.

Certainly I do not have all officer lists, but lists of private and sergeants for 1917 and 1918 I already saw. There is not present KTK.

Edited by Roman Slivin

Germans did receive the Troop Cross if they served the required length of time (12 weeks or 1 big battle) as members of a Hapsburg unit:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31695

:cheers:

I will search for the information in archive. It is assured, that in the summer 2009 I can tell precisely who and when has been awarded the Troop Cross.

I will search for the information in archive. It is assured, that in the summer 2009 I can tell precisely who and when has been awarded the Troop Cross.

All German recipients? I think that would be great...

:beer:

Here another bar, shown by anyone on any German forum. Nice, isn't it?