News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marine-Generaloberarzt Dr. Max Auer

His 1919 entry in the Marine Doctors Stammliste confirms everything except the red cross medal 3 and has him for a Bayern Prinz Regent Luipold Medal which I belive is there. The stammlist is not 100% accurate so I would not worry.

Thanks Paul, thanks Glenn :beer:

But how he could get the 3rd Reich Dienstauszeichnung, when he retired in 1919? Reactivation in the age of 60? Could we confirm this with a later rank list?

Best regards, Komtur.

.......... it is a civil 3.Reich DA - not military !!! So, no re-activation..... maybe he was some official doctor, not private...?!

Oh, thanks, but shame on me. My knowledge about decoration covers not the time after 1918.

He could be a kind of Kreisarzt or in another official position. May be someone find him in a post 1918 Handbuch f?r das Deutsche Reich?

All together there is no doubt, that this bar belonged to Dr. Max Auer. Most of the decorations on that bar we can find in the Stammliste des Marine-Sanit?ts-Offizierskorps of 1919 except the Red Cross Medal 3rd class. This is not suspicious, because the decorations with that medal last until 1921.

Thanks to all again.

Regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

If he stayed in Kiel, an old phone book might confirm his official government civil service title.

Unfortunately he did NOT belong to the M.O.V., which would have not only given us that, but even his home phone number in 1928 or '31 or '39.... :banger: