News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just picked up a nice set of Waffenrock padded cuff patches in Orange. Most likely recruiting, but Feldgendarmerie did use Waffenrock too, so I grabbed them as they were dirt cheap.

Always lots of controversy over whether some pieces, especially piping on visor caps, is Feldgendarmerie or faded Artillery red.

Compare the colours with an Artillery red and yes, definitely look orange. (Especially since the official name of the Waffenfarbe colour is not just "Orange" but "Orange-rot" or orange-red)

However, compare with a Feldgendarmerie Major's strap and suddenly it looks far more red than orange.

None of these pieces show any fading ( in comparison with areas of the orange cloth not exposed to light) so the cuff patches are NOT faded artillery. Neither is the Major's strap faded down from a more reddish orange. I have also noticed a fair range of hues in the orange colour on the Feldgendarmerie shoulder straps I have though none are quite a reddish as the cuff patches.

An example perhaps of the dangers of being too pedantic over shades of colour ( the greens of Panzergrenadier vs Gebirgsj?ger or Gebirgsj?ger vs Beamte being another much disputed area) where what was described in regulation (either original regs or regulations "invented" by collectors) doesn't always match what happened in reality.