News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Picture - but need help

Hi!

Today I've got these interesting picture - thanks again, sascha! - of some highly decorated?wurttemberg and bavarian officers.

First I would like to show the whole interesting part of people and then a detailed scan of these who are the officers I would like to know, if possible. Remark the really amazing quality of the picture to show such an amount of details in relation to the distance and quality of camera/negative in this period of time which I would suggest between 1897 and 1914.

So my question again: could anyone of you help me to identify the man on the left and on the right side of the zoomed picture?

Thanks a lot!

westfale

Guest Rick Research

It would appear to be Army Corps maneuvers from the number of different regiments uniforms here.

Too small and fuzzy for me, but it LOOKS like the 1897 Centenary Medal is present as the last medal on the medal bars above, and the 2 ring nickled scabbards were last worn in 1906, so sometime between those two years.

Notice that the General wearing an ?berrock not only has that double-breasted coat buttoned left handed, but is also wearing his 1870 EK2 ribbon on the wrong side at the wrong angle as a result! :speechless1:

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot say a lot about the uniforms, but from the awards we can still see something.

Guy at the left with medal bar is clearly :unsure: a W?rttemberg guy, most likely a full colonel, I guess WF2b around the neck, WK2c is the pinback, 1st pos. at the bar will be an old style WM3 from the 1870ies.

Guy at the right side with medal bar is a Prussian, I suppose a half Colonel or fresh full Col.

EK2 1870, RAO4 and the usual prussian stuff in combo with the pinback WK2c.

I would guess this was a manoeuver of the XIII. (wtbg.) Army corps.

Maybe a look in the fitting ranklists between 1897 and 1906 might I the 2 Officers.

Best regards

Daniel

I cannot say a lot about the uniforms, but from the awards we can still see something.

Guy at the left with medal bar is clearly :unsure: a W?rttemberg guy, most likely a full colonel, I guess WF2b around the neck, WK2c is the pinback, 1st pos. at the bar will be an old style WM3 from the 1870ies.

Guy at the right side with medal bar is a Prussian, I suppose a half Colonel or fresh full Col.

EK2 1870, RAO4 and the usual prussian stuff in combo with the pinback WK2c.

I would guess this was a manoeuver of the XIII. (wtbg.) Army corps.

Maybe a look in the fitting ranklists between 1897 and 1906 might I the 2 Officers.

Best regards

Daniel