News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pilot badge double marked IMME Juncker

I like it, a textbook J2, with an overstamped IMME. I too have never seen this before, but looks legit and only confirms that IMME & Juncker indeed had a connection.

Scott, I noticed the "68" as well, however we do know of tombak Luft flaks with the Juncker SW68 marking. Clearly this is not a typical Juncker badge as it is overstamped with IMME, and since we still don't really know when Juncker switched to using the SW68 marking an anomoly like this badge is plausible IMO.

Tom

I like it, a textbook J2, with an overstamped IMME. I too have never seen this before, but looks legit and only confirms that IMME & Juncker indeed had a connection.

Scott, I noticed the "68" as well, however we do know of tombak Luft flaks with the Juncker SW68 marking. Clearly this is not a typical Juncker badge as it is overstamped with IMME, and since we still don't really know when Juncker switched to using the SW68 marking an anomoly like this badge is plausible IMO.

Tom

Thanks Tom - I was unaware of tombac awards with the SW68.

:cheers:

There have been a few of these double marked badges appear over the past 3 or 4 years, but none, I have to say, with any provenance. Without better pictures I wouldn't like to give a definitive answer, but would say that the "SW68" mark looks to be correct.

J,

I agree the SW68 marking looks good; however, this would be the first I have ever seen on a J2. I have seen several on the J3 with Tombak eagle and zinc wreath. Thoughts?

r/ Mike

Hi guys,

We are all obviously thinking the same thing, that it is odd that the SW68 logo is on a J2, however that doesn't automatically make this a reproduction, does it? It is an oddity, but that cannot be the only reason we have to totally dismiss this pilot badge, is it? I doubt there is anyone that can confidently say "the SW68 logo was NEVER applied to a J2 pilot badge". How can any of us be so sure of that?

Lets ask another question, when did Juncker start using the SW68 logo?

Or

Disregarding the maker mark, can you fault this badge on anything else? Hardware, rivets, die characteristics, finish, etc.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Without having it in hand it's always more difficult to make an assessment, however I see nothing wrong with this badge.

Thanks all for the comments!! Its indeed an interesting piece...

It will be for sale (1.000 EUR incl. reg, shipping) so if someone is interested please PM me.

Martin