News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, I have this Milit?rpass in my collection and discovered recently that he had got a Friedrich Kreuz in Aug 1915, I know that theese crosses

wasnt handed out in many pieces during the war at least not this early ?

I wonder what Rgt was he in ? Is there an Anhalt connection?

There is a stamp from Inf Rgt 360 but the written says something about Ersatz Battl 14 ?

Anyone ?

Hes name is also hard to read but his last name is Nolte

Christer

Aha !

That explains why this is a duplikat Milit?rpass (zweitschrift) fe was proably wounded and his ordinarie pass was destroyed?

Here comes some more pics so maybe we can get his story together :D

Christer

First the front page , he was jahresklasse 1907

Einjahrig-Freiw. Untffz. Friedrich Karl Hermann Nolte

That annotation on the left of page 10 says, "3.Komp.Brigade=Ersatz=Batl.14, Nr. d.(er) Kriegs=Stammrolle 266".

It looks like he was out of action from the time of his wound in 1915 until the first months of 1918, when he was again sent to a field unit.

Chip

Guest Rick Research

Uhhhhh... the COVER and FIRST page indicate that he was a One Year Volunteer in 1907... cover refers to him as "One Year Volunteer Unteroffizier..."

yet inside entries show promotion to supernumerary GEFREITER on 13.8.15 and Unteroffizier only on 17.10.16.

I have NO idea how a 1907 One Year Volunteer got out in 1908 (not shown) as a buck private and only made Unteroffizier 8 years later! :speechless1:

However, since he is referred to as a "Postassistent" he should be in the 1913 or 1918 Prussian Civil Service List... will see what that shows for his awards for a match to the Anhalt Cross.***

He was wounded 19 June 1915 but the final page shown above shows he was issued silver ("Mattwei?") wound badge on that date in 1920 in Bernberg, Anhalt. This is puzzling, since severity of wounds did NOT increase class of Wound Badge until 1936 and it seems that indeed he never returned to the front after his 1915 wound, serving at home in Replacement units.

*** He was NOT Reichspost, so no listing for him in the Prussian or Reichs lists.

Edited by Rick Research

Thanks Chip and Rick , you are masters of the Old German language :jumping:

Here is another page in his pass maybe showing his strange travel from unteroffz to unteroffz :unsure:

It is like a detective work to read theese old docs :D And often a thrilling story behind them

Christer

Thanks Chip and Rick , you are masters of the Old German language :jumping

Christer

Chris,

I don't see anything here that helps with the conundrum of his advancement path.

I have tried to train myself to be able to read the old schrift, but it is difficult for me, at best. Rick is a thousand times more efficient and I believe has grown up seeing and maybe reading this form of writing. I appreciate the nice nod, but I bow to the master. :blush:

Chip