News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar awards of Gen.Maj. Hans Erdmann

Hi all! What were Luftwaffe Gen.Maj. Hans Erdmann's awards on his ribbon bar? I have seen a pic on the Axis History research site, his ribbon bar has 6 ribbons. Can identify 5 of them-

Ek, ?, HCX, 18yr, 4yr, Sudetenland....can these be verified? what is award no.2?

Thanks to all who assist! :cheers:

Pierce

Edited by luftkreig

Guest Rick Research

I find it "ironic" that somebody who has stolen the image from the Hildebrand Biblio biographies feels "entitled" to slap THEIR "property line" across that image. People. Yeesh.

It looks like a Saxon Albert Order, which would have been a Knight 2nd Class X for his rank BUT

he is on no award rolls. He either fell through the cracks getting listed for Saxony or maybe is among the illegible late 1918 Baden Z?hringen Lions. The thing is-- he had no apparent affiliation with EITHER, so... ???

I find it "ironic" that somebody who has stolen the image from the Hildebrand Biblio biographies feels "entitled" to slap THEIR "property line" across that image. People. Yeesh.

It looks like a Saxon Albert Order, which would have been a Knight 2nd Class X for his rank BUT

he is on no award rolls. He either fell through the cracks getting listed for Saxony or maybe is among the illegible late 1918 Baden Z?hringen Lions. The thing is-- he had no apparent affiliation with EITHER, so... ???

Hi Rick,

Yeh i had hoped for a Zahringer Lion....any way to confirm this at all? :unsure: He would have been entitled to one for his rank?

Yeh, ended up borrowing this image from the island farm POW site..... :speechless1:

Thanks again

Pierce

Guest Rick Research

I've GOT the Z?hringen Rolls--including almost 1,000 that the late Erhard Roth never published but ther are about 90 that are simply not legible as copied. The Ersatz ink of late 1918 is fading away fast (saschhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) and the Saxons stopped gazetting awards in 1918-- in fact, they stopped issuing anything but paper in 1918.

So there is simply no way to find this information now with what we have. There was no obvious reason for him to have received either-- or anything else.

You didn't borrow the image from them-- they STOLE it from Herr Hildebrand's COPYRIGHTED books published by Biblio Verlag in the 1990s. Those books are still readily available and are essential books for any serious German generals researcher's library.

You've got the money for medal bars--- BUY THE BOOKS.

So there is simply no way to find this information now with what we have. There was no obvious reason for him to have received either-- or anything else.

Well he was awarded something else! :rolleyes: Hoping for a Zahringer Lion because as you know i found this! :cheers:

I know there is an added spange.....but how does it compare to the one being worn in the pic?

Edited by luftkreig