News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK-2 1813 +

Hello Romanov Denis:

A very interesting grouping!

The EKII is of 1914-1918 era manufacture and has been altered by having the obverse ground down and re-finished in my opinion. It is therefore worthless (ie: damaged EKII).

It does appear to be on an old silk non-combatant type ribbon (which could be for a number of awards).

The RAO III by Friedlander looks to be gold and looks to be in perfect condition! This is the last type of RAO III awarded until ~1916.

To sum it all up, the RAO is the key piece of the group and the EK is sadly something that has been altered and was not part of the original group in my opinion.

Best regards,

"SPM"

I agree--The 1813 Ek2 is NOT a period piece. Years ago we saw a rash of "shaved" 1914s

trying to be what they were not.

I do not have enough experience with the RAO3 to comment except that it is a

great looking piece.

with regard to the EK II, the dimensions are more in line with

a 1914 or later EK. the reverse has the fit and finish of a

typical '14 EK, and while the obverse is smoother than most of the

altered EK's i've seen, i still believe it to be altered. it has also been

repainted.

i will defer to SPM regarding the RAO, but it looks beautiful.

joe

I also agree with others on the EK11, 1914-18 period, and in my view dissassembled, front ground down and then re-assembled/Soldered, with some later painting touch up. The RAO looks to me to be a beautiful example however

regards

Alex

Edit, in actual fact looking at the Oaks on the EKII, they have a very S & L look about them so I suspect the EKII is a lot younger than 1914-19 IMHO

Edited by Alex K