News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm not sure... this seems to be the most relevant subforum...

Currently there is a Freiherr diploma for a Bavarian general at a local auction (ends in 36 hours), but I don't know if such documents are of interest for any of you ODM collectors?

It's signed by Ludwig II in 1871.

Or is that too far away from ODM collecting? :unsure:

Just wanted to gauge the mood before I start posting more info...

/Mike

Thanks Chris, I'll post the info - if not for anything else then just to preserve the pictures :)

It is the Freiherr diploma for Bavarian general and Pour le Merite winner Jakob von Hartmann (wikipedia).

The diploma is signed by King Ludwig II and two other persons and comes with the royal seal and a hand coloured crest.

Edited by Great Dane

Here is a couple of more pictures.

The starting bid is 600 Euros + buyer's premium (25%) + shipping from Hamburg.

Here is a link to the auction: Auction

It's one of those auction houses where the auction is extended if a bid arrives within the last 5 minutes.

I have NO affiliation with them but will be happy to assist any GMIC member with translations and such... :)

/Mike

Guest Rick Research

These are not only lovely works of art on a level with medieval manuscripts, but are literally the "licxense" for his family's name and arms. It's sad to think that either they have all died out or--

some foolish member of the family today is getting rid of something that should be preserved among FAMILY treasures for all time.

Something like this is like an officer's commission-- DIRECTLY relevant to the career of an officer, so absolurteley of interest to awards collectors. Thanks for posting it. :cheers: