News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Sachsen Bar: Do you think it?s a Fake...?

Guest Rick Research

I hope that is the correct SAXON XX Yeras Service Cross-- but acnnot tell from the sacn. The no-swords Silver Merit Cross of the Albert Order-- which is loose-- is almost certainly NOT what should be on the 2nd ribbon since that was for Warrant Officers and not Officers.

Guest Rick Research

No-- only the LD2s went to all ranks. The LD1s went ONLY to officers.

I'd expect a Captain's SA3aX to have been what was in 2nd place, not the loose SA4 here.

Okay, gentlemen, so I'm the only one saying, "Uh-uh! Never a Hindenburg Cross to the LEFT of the EK2 (as we're looking at it)?" Somebody PLEASE explain to me how that and the Milit?r Verdienst Kreuz would supercede the EK2... :banger:

---Can't Wait To Be Enlightened :rolleyes:

Hehe... well Gene, it's a "Frackspange" / tuxedo bar, worn on civilian occasions, angled. The are exactly the other way round, so start mostly with an EK on the right. I'll look if I can find one "in wear"...

Edit:

found an ex-WWI officer with Hohenzollern, Z?hringer Lion and Hamburg Hanseaten cross:

Edited by saschaw

Oh RIGHT! Of course! :banger:

Thanks Sacha! You're a gentleman, for your gentle response...

---He Who Visits GMIC Too Late At Night :D

Hehe... well Gene, it's a "Frackspange" / tuxedo bar, worn on civilian occasions, angled. The are exactly the other way round, so start mostly with an EK on the right. I'll look if I can find one "in wear"...

Edit:

found an ex-WWI officer with Hohenzollern, Z?hringer Lion and Hamburg Hanseaten cross:

Well, he may well be correct> But a lot of 'make up" awards were handed out while the troops were in barracks in 1919.

Given the Silesian Eagle, this chap was wearing a uniform in east Germany etc. in 1919/21.

I have also seen a document for a Prussian KVK award handed out for merit in Erstaz battalions in 1919 to NCOs, basically "holding the fort/showing up/being there"" while Germany descended into political chaos. That might expalin the "non wartime" placement on the bar.