News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Arabic Medal Possible Iraqi Kingdom Medal

Guest IMHF

ROYAL MILITARY ACADEMY: I was told thats what it was a medal for Iraqi Royal Military Academy????

Not sure what do you think:

Lorenzo

I was told that it is made out of silver and the crown is made of gold:

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Whilst it appears to be an Iraqi crown if it is an Academy award it would be specific to the academy and not a state award - probably for academic or sports achievement.

Regards,

Owain

Can you please put a ball park Value on it before I over spend on this fine piece of Iraqi History:

Thank You

Lorenzo

Unless it was going for less than $50 I wouldn't bother.

Owain

Wow that is cheap from the $900.00 asking price on it, Thank You

Lorenzo

Wow that is cheap from the $900.00 asking price on it, Thank You

Lorenzo

Hello Lorenzo I agree with Owain,the dealers of Baghdad are completely "nuts" in their price.

Ounce a friend from Beirut forwarded me a picture he got on his cell-phone.It was the Hedjaz Medal of Ma'an ( a medal from 1920 ).The seller in Baghdad wanted 2000 US $ !!!! What a joke !

That medal you can found it in France on medal show for 60 to 100 euro ,and I got mine on e-bay for 40 euro.

Do never pay what they want,bargain,bargain,even if it take hours.

I ounce bargained in the lobby of my hotel in Cairo for about 3 hours.The seller wanted 600 US $ for an egyptian medal,after 3 hours I was so fed-up,but I got the medal for 80 US $ + 100 Egyptian Pounds for the gas of his car (total +/- 92 US $).The staff of the hotel seeing me bargaining for 3 hours were so laughing to watch at me,but they congratulate me after.Usually westerners don't bargain so long.

I'am sure if you bargain for 3 hours in Baghdad you will get this medal for 200 US $.

And if my memory is good,one of my friend in beirut has this Sport Academy Medal also (which he didn't pay 900 US $...believe me).

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Thank you for the information, I know his price is set and he will not drop the price a penny.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Would you want me to ask my friend in Beirut if he still has that medal ?

I'am more or less sure he would or could be keen to sell.

Emmanuel

hello i think the crown either refers to Iraqi or Jordanian Kingodoms because the shape of crown in both countries has the same design.

At anyway its not Iraqi military or civil medal and seems to be for local festivals like sports or others.

Thanks.

Would you want me to ask my friend in Beirut if he still has that medal ?

I'am more or less sure he would or could be keen to sell.

Emmanuel

It is from they same person you speak of, he is a member and his website is of Arabic Medals: He is a good friend of mine, that is why he has not posted it for sale on any sites. He asked me if I would like to buy it first: the price is $900.00, all the experts her told me not to pay more than $200.00..

Thank you

Lorenzo

hello i think the crown either refers to Iraqi or Jordanian Kingodoms because the shape of crown in both countries has the same design.

At anyway its not Iraqi military or civil medal and seems to be for local festivals like sports or others.

Thanks.

Thank you for the extra information: Can you find me one of these for $200.00????

Thank you

Lorenzo