News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Please post a JPEG not BITMAP for #1. #2 is too horrible to tell anything. #3 is a reversed, backwards print of the usual published portrait of Abwehr director Admiral Wilhlem Canaris.

Please post a JPEG not BITMAP for #1. #2 is too horrible to tell anything. #3 is a reversed, backwards print of the usual published portrait of Abwehr director Admiral Wilhlem Canaris.

Hi. Thanks for replying. Have uploaded the original of the image in post No. 2. Hope this is better.

As for changing BITMAP to JPEG..... :Cat-Scratch: sorry, i havn't a clue.

John

Rick gave me some infos in the past :

"Enno-Erich von Limburg-Hetlingen

Leutnant 22.03.13 M2m vorpatentiert (Infantry Regiment 74)

Oberleutnant 20.06.18

aD BUT

Major (active !?) 01.10.37 #30

As of 1 January 1939 he was commanding IInd Battalion/ Infantry Regiment 6

Oberstleutnant

Oberst (T) 01.03.42 #117

HHOX gazetted 22.08.18

Lippe War Honor Cross

Schwarzburg Honor Cross 3X

German Cross in Gold 30.12.44 as Commander, Grenadier Regiment 731

Knight?s Cross of the Iron Cross 03.05.45 as Commander, Grenadier Regiment 731

Gren Rgt 731 was in 711th Infantry Division. The division was formed in April 1941 and served in the occupation of France until being mauled in the Normandy invasion zone in the summer of 1944. In January 1944 GR 731?s Ist Battalion had been replaced by the 781st ?Turkish? Battalion. On 1 July 1944 that was in turn replaced by the 831st ?Northern Caucasus? Battalion of ?Eastern Volunteers.?

Pulled out of action and reformed in Holland, In December 1944 the 711th Infantry Division was sent to Hungary, and remained in heavy action against the Soviets until surrendering near Prague at war?s end."

Rick gave me some infos in the past :

"Enno-Erich von Limburg-Hetlingen

Leutnant 22.03.13 M2m vorpatentiert (Infantry Regiment 74)

Oberleutnant 20.06.18

aD BUT

Major (active !?) 01.10.37 #30

As of 1 January 1939 he was commanding IInd Battalion/ Infantry Regiment 6

Oberstleutnant

Oberst (T) 01.03.42 #117

HHOX gazetted 22.08.18

Lippe War Honor Cross

Schwarzburg Honor Cross 3X

German Cross in Gold 30.12.44 as Commander, Grenadier Regiment 731

Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 03.05.45 as Commander, Grenadier Regiment 731

Gren Rgt 731 was in 711th Infantry Division. The division was formed in April 1941 and served in the occupation of France until being mauled in the Normandy invasion zone in the summer of 1944. In January 1944 GR 731's Ist Battalion had been replaced by the 781st "Turkish" Battalion. On 1 July 1944 that was in turn replaced by the 831st "Northern Caucasus" Battalion of "Eastern Volunteers."

Pulled out of action and reformed in Holland, In December 1944 the 711th Infantry Division was sent to Hungary, and remained in heavy action against the Soviets until surrendering near Prague at war's end."

Wow this is great, lovely bar. This was just a pictur i came across.

thanks for posting! :cheers: