News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

One Piece Screwback Sedlatzek 1914 EKI

I normally avoid 1 piece EKs like the plague but, I came across this one several years ago and it intersted me enough to buy it. The detail and quality of the screwback is very good and the age and wear looks honest. The cross is made from some kind of white metal with the center painted black. I have not seen another exactly like it since so, I don't think it is a widely made copy. Have any of you run into a similar piece?

Interesting cross :jumping:

It is an original cross. This style is believed to have been produced in the 1920s.

I have both a Ek1 pinback and a Ek2 version of this cross.

Yours is the first screwback that I can remember seeing---ALSO, Friedrich Sedlatzek is a

knowen maker of the Ek2 and I think this is the first Ek1 we have seen attributed to him.

Thanks for posting this one.

Edited by gregM

I was told that Sedlatzek was a distributor of other badge maker's wares, and did not make badges themselves (but marked them with their own Berlin 68 mark). Is this correct?

Interesting--maybe my list is wrong.

I would like to here some other opinions on this one.

Sedlatzek was a Hofjuwelier and produced some of the awards at one time - but after WWII the company, like Scott said, was only selling stock from other makers. I have an old Sedlatzek catalog at home, perhaps when I find it I will post some pages.

Here is an advertisement from 1956 File0082-1.jpg