News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Salute to everyone,

I post my first message today even I joined this forum for a while. In advance sorry for my English...

I have a question concerning the officer candidate:

In my books of JG300's story some pilots are ranked as Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel, but what the difference between a Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel and an Oberf?hnrich about theirs rank insignia and their respective officer's training ?

thanks

Salute to everyone,

I post my first message today even I joined this forum for a while. In advance sorry for my English...

I have a question concerning the officer candidate:

In my books of JG300's story some pilots are ranked as Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel, but what the difference between a Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel and an Oberf?hnrich about theirs rank insignia and their respective officer's training ?

thanks

no difference

often an Oberf?hnrich is refferred to as Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel and a F?hnrich as Fahnenjunker-Feldwebel, in both the Heer and the Luftwaffe.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33734&hl=

no difference

often an Oberf?hnrich is refferred to as Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel and a F?hnrich as Fahnenjunker-Feldwebel, in both the Heer and the Luftwaffe.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33734&hl=

ok thanks for your response, still few questions:

1) For Fahnenjunker-Unteroffizier is there another name like for Fhj-Fw > F?hnrich and Fhj-Ofw > Oberf?hnrich ?

2) I have seen different shoulderboard for Oberf?hnrich: with Doppel-Tresse (loop of tress) and without on many photos, what the meaning of that difference ?

thanks

ok thanks for your response, still few questions:

1) For Fahnenjunker-Unteroffizier is there another name like for Fhj-Fw > F?hnrich and Fhj-Ofw > Oberf?hnrich ?

2) I have seen different shoulderboard for Oberf?hnrich: with Doppel-Tresse (loop of tress) and without on many photos, what the meaning of that difference ?

thanks

2.) After an Oberf?hnrich has successfully completed his Officer exams - he will remove the extra tressen on his shoulder straps and wear the officers collar tabs, belt and hat with his Oberfeldwebel straps until he is promoted to Leutnant

Edited by Naxos

ok for the tress.. ;)

But you told me that a Fahnrich is refferred to a Fahnenjunker-Feldwebel an then

there's something I don't inderstand... :unsure:

Sorry, I'm starting to confuse myself - Fahnenjunker-Unteroffizier is simply referred to as a Fahnenjunker

Edited by Naxos

OK no pb ;)

so each time a Fahnenjunker-xx has the shoulderboard of the rank xx added with one or a double tress, the type of the tress doesn't matter ?

The tresse does matter -

WH Heer : doppel Tresse for Offiziersanw?rter and einfache (single) Tresse for Unteroffiziersanw?rter.

Luftwaffe: silver cord for Offiziersanw?rter

Ok for te precision concerning the silver cord :)

so we have:

Fhj-Gefreiter => Gefreiter

Fhj-Unteroffizier => Fahnenjunker

Fhj-Fw => Fahnrich

Fhj-Ofw => Oberfahnrich

Another question:

1) A pilot Oberfeldwebel who want to become an officer start as a Fahnenjunker-Gefreiter during his officer's training or at upper rank ? (He is degraded in some point of view...)

Edited by Crow

Depending on the officer candidate's education - a young recrut with Abitur (higher education) can be promoted after basic training to Gefreiter and then be accepted to officer training as a Fahnenjunker-Gefreiter.

The entire training was about two years (sped up during the war)

A NCO depending on his rank - when accepted to officer training will add the Fahnenjunker stripes to his NCO straps. He will keep his existing rank. If he is already an Oberfeldwebel the officer training is less.

Edited by Naxos

So in certain case, it's possible to have an old Fahnenjunker-Stabsfeldwebel...

Is it possible that a pilot-Ofw to be promoted to Leutnant on the field without becoming a officer candidate ?

Edited by Crow

Is it possible that a pilot Oberfeldwebel to be promoted to Leutnant on the field without becoming a officer candidate ?

He has to take a company commander training course

Edited by Naxos

So they become Stabsgefreiter/Stabsfeldwebel (with time) because they were unable to become NCO candidate/Officer candidate ?

You can be a Gefreiter forever and never advance - The Stabsgefreiter rank is to honor an exceptional soldier that for whatever reason (most likely lack of education) can not advance to become an NCO