News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Paul!

There are no photos of Haremsa wearing the DKiG. Either he was extremely modest and didn't keep any or perhaps the family held on to those photos.

Does anyone know where I can research the circumstances of his DKiG award? Probably the Archiv, but any online sources?

Best,

Erik

Dear Erik:

As any shipmates of this Forum must know, I'm investigating the History of U-617 and his crew. Yesterday, in a new search in Internet, appears your post. Many months ago, a german officer, appointed me in the rigth direction, about the matters of soldiers of WWI and WWII.

Sehr geehrter Herr Jaramillo,

herzlichen Dank f?r Ihre E - Mail vom 20.08.2007 nebst Anlagen, die

mir am 23.08.2007 zur Bearbeitung zugeleitet wurde.

Die Pr?fung in unseren daf?r in Frage kommenden Best?nden verlief

leider negativ, so dass ich mich au?er Stande sehe, Ihnen

Informationen zu dem gesuchten Offizier "Albrecht Brandi" zukommen zu

lassen.

Aus diesem Grund wenden Sie sich, bitte, an nachfolgend aufgef?hrte

Dienststelle, die fast in G?nze s?mtliche Personalunterlagen zu

ehemaligen Marineangeh?rigen des Zweiten Weltkrieges verwahrt.

Deren Adresse lautet wie folgt: Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)

Eichborndamm 179

D - 13403 Berlin

www.dd-wast.de

Tel.: +49/30/41904 - 0

In der Hoffnung, dass man Ihnen dort weiter helfen kann, verbleibe ich

mit freundlichen Gr??en.

Im Auftrag

gez. A d o l p h, ArchHS

If you translate to English, could understand better his words. This organism, can help you in your enquirie. One of his services, is precisely, trace a person, with more complementary options.

Yesterday, when I discover your photos, I very surprised.....

I trace, means the Times Online at the destiny of the crew, and with the help of german friend shipmates of Forums, discover interesting matters:

The remaining crew present in C?diz, in 1945, at the end of WWII in Europe, then captured and conduced as POW by a warship of Royal Navy, inprisioned in Gibraltar, and newly, conduced to Italy and work as POW in camps until his repatriation to Germany. This is an obscure stage..... Is for this reason, that one of your photos, its very emotive for me. Most of the names that I can understand in the back of the photo are very familiar. Do you know more details, as the date in wich its taken?

Jan.

P.S. Is for this reason, dear Erik, excuse me if I importunate you, the reason that I solicite you, if you wish, of course, and destinated for our job could share with us scans of any of your photos.