News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

infos about polish orders and medals

well, I'm very puzzled to see on polish internet prestigious but non extremly well known polish awards for sale.

I focus on communist-era awards. But most military awards were as rares as their western or republican counterparts.

given my reflexs about soviet phaleristics, all my warinig lights go red when I see that:

38000 ex.

Edited by seb16trs

a document for the rare cross of braves 38000 approx.

about this one, you'll see the award name is typed and the signature, not stamped as usual, is ridiculous. Enough in my opinion to light on a red lamp!

Edited by seb16trs

well, nw, all these shown, what's my problem?

prestigious or rare awards for sale at really cheap prices. It underlines a question: are these fakes? What can we say about diplomas? We're speaking of awards given to less than 50000 ex, which is really few.

I would be very glad to exchange informations and sources with keen polish, russian and others collectors about the problem of polish faking.

Sorry, I'm confused - I believe that you are casting doubt on the authenticity of the item in post #3, but what are you saying about the other irems please? Is the item in post #1 in doubt, & the others?

I have a few of the medals you have shown, some with legitymacja, so I'd be interested in any fakery involvng such awards.

hello , I haven't been clear enough, really sorry for that.

I suspect every item, from #1 to #4. It worries me I can find these sets for cheap price on polish internet, although these medals are theoritically scarce.

About the item #3, I don't like the signature on the document.

I would like to know if it is normal to find easily such scarce awards? (I intimately believe not). Do you think the sets I shown you here have problems?

thanks again for your kind advices.

I'm sorry, I lack knowledge in this area, I will post photos of some Polish Communist era items that I have, but I can't really comment on authenticity.

The Silesian Cross you have posted has better quality enameling than the one I have ? is this an indication of fakery?

Edited by leigh kitchen

• 10 years later...

All medals and documents shown in this thread are genuine. No worries.

Since this thread is very old, I won't spend time on detailed comments - unless there's still an interest?

Best regards Aahauge

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your help, it's always of values when teher are too few books about the subject. Indeed, the W. Stella's highly valuable books don't always help to raise doubts about coining details when comparing genuine and fake pieces...