News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Irish Emergency Service Medal

I've have this medal in my possesion and am preparing to part with it in order to fund research for my Soviet Medals. But before i post it in the for sale section i was wondering if i could get some opinions on authenticity. I know its a pretty hard medal to find as proven in a recent ebay auction where one sold for over $690cdn. but with that said prices on Ebay are nuts period. Thanks for you opinions.

Cheers

Chris

I've have this medal in my possesion and am preparing to part with it in order to fund research for my Soviet Medals. But before i post it in the for sale section i was wondering if i could get some opinions on authenticity. I know its a pretty hard medal to find as proven in a recent ebay auction where one sold for over $690cdn. but with that said prices on Ebay are nuts period. Thanks for you opinions.

Cheers

Chris

Hello,

You have a 26th Battalion medal, the 26U was mainly made up of Old-IRA volunteers during the Emergency Period. It is definately a genuine medal and ribbon especially with the makers mark 'QUINN' on the back of the pin.

Prices of these medals fluctuate like most Irish medals these days. If you are wanting to get a decent price for it then eBay is probably best. If selling privately then ask for 200EURO, it will be attractive to the buyer and should sell quickly.

Again irish medal prices have dived considerably in recent times, whether down to the economic change or the lack collectors bidding against each other i don't know. Previously 3 or 4 collectors of Irish medals bid against each other and that sent prices sky high, now we are seeing a return to normality and more sensible prices.

Good luck!

www.irishmedals.com

Edited by irishmedals

Hallo censlenov :beer:

In my opinion its an original one, as well.

Also one of the unique groups to which these Emergency Service Medals were awarded.

Prices have been affected slightly by the Economic down turn, but I have seen these sell

well on a certain internet selling site particularly when listed on the American version.

I do not believe there has been any serious attempt to fake them as yet.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Thank you Gentlemen I really appreciate your help in confirming originality. I'm going to Western Canada's largest Militaria show on April 10th and there will be some really big name medal dealers there so i think i'll take this beauty with me to the show as barter material as i'm sure they'll have some must haves for me to buy. If it doesn't go then i'll list it for sale here on the forum.

Cheers

Chris