News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Here is few bars and some questions about them....

Let's start with the bad ones. Just need confirmation about that they are really what they look - piece of junk.

Hohenzollern bar with two NSDAP LS awards....

10043659317cae_o.jpg

And under the black light....

1004446773dcef_l.jpg

Now some really nice ones....

4 place bar with the Tunisia and Turkish awards. Question is.... third Tunisian ribbon... is it make sence there or is it some Turkish award as well and post to be just "look close enagh" for that?

100436657c158a_o.jpg

Guest Rick Research

You know which ones are good and bad. :beer:

Tunesian ribbon is a mystery. I have one (middle of the 3 below) too. :speechless1:

NO idea what the sew on 4th pink and green is--- something either a) local fire department or b) very exotic foreign amazing unknown thing :rolleyes::cheeky: (For some reason, my old tired brain is yelling "Afghanistan 1920s!" at me for that one)

Blacklight the Danzig one. The tabs on that ribbon do not match the other three ribbons so it may have been replaced as an "improvement."

Last one-- yes, CIVIL Bavarian Jubilee of 1911. Always difficult to tell when gold swords were used even for bronze Bavarian Military Merit Crosses on 3rd Reich ribbon bars, but I think that IS a Bavarian Military Merit Cross 1st Class X there for a Feldwebelleutnant-- old ex soldier (long service might be BLD2) who was not on active military duty 1905 or 1911.

Thank you Rick for clearing out some things!

Blacklight the Danzig one. The tabs on that ribbon do not match the other three ribbons so it may have been replaced as an "improvement."

Under the black light it is fine. No differences between other ribbons and when I compared it with 100% sure original ribbon bar. Also on the reverse plate there is no scratches around the tabs.

Here is one W?rttemberg noncombatant with two PrRKm's. Looks like medical personel isn't it?

10043677cda82c_l.jpg

Police bar....with GLUED reverse! Ribbons and eagle looks fine but probably used original parts for this monster. Is it right?

10043679a3c5ed_l.jpg

I'm sure that was impossible to wear such bar (with the second medal) in the Third Reich.

Guest Rick Research

No-- Austria simply became a province within the Greater German Reich like Bavaria or Saxony or Hamburg. World War awards continued to be worn exactly as if they were from any other former "German" state.

The glued backing there doesn't bother me particularly-- but the absence of swords on the Hindenburg Cross ribbon does.

VERY interesting W?rttemberg bar with the AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN wartime Malta award in front of the two Prussian Red Cross Medals. Definitely a Red Cross group. Too bad about the rust-- but that proves the combination is untouched!

VERY interesting W?rttemberg bar with the AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN wartime Malta award in front of the two Prussian Red Cross Medals. Definitely a Red Cross group. Too bad about the rust-- but that proves the combination is untouched!

Ah, that is now ideed a Malta order award? I used to have one before at a W?rttemberg bar, but as it had no red cross connection I though it were the Detachement Randow award that "recycled" the Maltese ribbon. With this 2nd W?rttemberg bar I though it may rather be a W?rttemberg Red Cross award. But the closest didn't come to mind...

However, with a Wilhelmskreuz without swords the wearer was not a military person. That's very unfortunally, as foreign awards to W?rttemberg military persons have been published by a Mr. Krause. On that list just ONE Maltese order in WWI, so we can guess how many there were in total to W?rttemberg...

:speechless1:

Rick, did you notice the prongs(?) on the maltese ribbon are not rusted while the others are? Do you now why? Hmm, noone can know... that single on is aluminium, the others are steel! However, the bar does look untouched. Odd with a 5th part in aluminium...

Thanks Rick and Sascha! :jumping: So, Malta....

The glued backing there doesn't bother me particularly-- but the absence of swords on the Hindenburg Cross ribbon does.

Regarding this bar now, there is two holes and they are not in the centre of the ribbons. Can it be some kind a weird (unofficial Weimar period?) clasp what was removed later on?

10059025ec4d5c_l.jpg

Edited by Noor

You know which ones are good and bad. :beer:

Tunesian ribbon is a mystery. I have one (middle of the 3 below) too. :speechless1:

NO idea what the sew on 4th pink and green is--- something either a) local fire department or b) very exotic foreign amazing unknown thing :rolleyes::cheeky: (For some reason, my old tired brain is yelling "Afghanistan 1920s!" at me for that one)

Last one-- yes, CIVIL Bavarian Jubilee of 1911. Always difficult to tell when gold swords were used even for bronze Bavarian Military Merit Crosses on 3rd Reich ribbon bars, but I think that IS a Bavarian Military Merit Cross 1st Class X there for a Feldwebelleutnant-- old ex soldier (long service might be BLD2) who was not on active military duty 1905 or 1911.

I have the green ribbon with red stripes down as being the Hungarian Cross of Merit. I think this makes sense on this bar but not on the first one in the thread.

I agree that the Danzig ribbon looks like it has been added on bar in question and that the alignment of the holes on the police ribbon bar is suspicious.

Edited by James Clark

• 3 months later...