News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Medal Bar

Greetings all,

I want to share with all a nice Serbian medal bar from Kingdom Era.

5 pieces as you can see, here we have:

Milos Obilic Silver medal for Bravery, Kosovo medal 1912 from I Balkan War, King's Peter Cross 1913 from II Balkan War , Albanian Commemorative medal of King Alexander ,Peter's Merit medal for WW I 1914-18.

I hope you like it....

Serbiamedalbar1.png

Thank you Sasa,

I am honored to own a Medal Bar like this one. It is one of my favorites from now on.

Some things about medal bars, mostly from Balkans.

A lot of them do not have pin and catch system and some that you see are hand made in order to attached to the uniform.

Mostly soldiers and Officers sew them on their uniform because there were no workshops like in Germany for example to accept orders to make medal Bars.

In Germany as it's known, you could send your medals and your ribbons and order your Medal Bar, several Mark makers from Germany even made their own medal bars, but this is not the case in Balkans.

That's why you see such ribbons in these medal bars, in this one for example we have two threefold ribbons if you notice, because mostly they have been made from ordinary weavers or even simple women with no knowledge how to make an exceptional medal Bar like the famous "Bavarian Southern style" or the Prussian that I own in this photo below.

Nevertheless, we are dealing with historical collector items in any case and it is another one reason why these medals Bars from Balkan states are more rare than Germans.

Of course, any comment for this issue is welcome.

PRUSSIAMEDALBAR1.jpg

Prussian Medal Bar -WW I era for Iron cross and Hintelburg Frontkampffer Cross