News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Festung la Rochelle... poison... dog tags...

Sewn (hidden) into the dog tag bad was this cardboard stiffened square. It id covered in cloth and sewn into a square. I carefully took that out, slit the threads and found the white cloth, also folded together and sewn into a little lump about half the size of an M&M. Opening up than was this tiny bit of paper and what looks like a tablet that had been wrapped in foil.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be....??? I hope not poison of some sort....

I gave it to the neighbours cat.... will report back in a few hours......

If the cat now looks like this, don't tell your neighbor what you did.

Les

Edited by Les

Guest Rick Research

Seems a bit junior and young to have been contemplating the Himmler Option on capture. Would have thought he'd have been looking FORWARD to P.O.W. food, after the winter of 1944/45.

Maybe something ELSE pilfered from the medical stores?

If it smells like an almond don't eat it.

I was reading the other day that pirates wore earrings, so if they were thrown overboard and washed up on a beach it would pay for their funeral.

Maybe an uncut diamond :cheers:

Most likely a pill for diarrhea. That would be worth its weight in gold and definitely worth hiding..

Most likely a pill for diarrhea. That would be worth its weight in gold and definitely worth hiding..

A traditional cure for diarrhea in many parts of the world is to chew and eat small lumps of charcoal. Chewing the stuff can be a little messy and you'll want to wash your mouth out afterwards. It work very well, and is cheaper and quicker than running (in all sense of the word) to a doctor or pharmacy.

Whatever Chris fed the cat, left small silver/white or greyish looking stains on the material next to it. Chris, any chance of a better image of the lettering or label on the wrapping?

"Ag" is the chemical symbol for "Argentum" or silver. Googling "Agn" provided the following from one of the sites it brought up:

Synonyms: 12553-68-3, 15046-91-0, 47Ag, 7440-22-4, 87354-45-8, 87370-84-1, Ag, Ag(0), Ag+, Agn, AIDS-334784, AIDS334784, Algaedyn, Amalgum, Argentum, Astroflake 5, C.I. 77820, C06710, Carey Lea silver, Caswell No. 735, CHEBI:30512, CHEBI:9141, CI 77820, Colloidal silver, D 25 (metal), Degussa 67, Degussa 80, Dotite XA 208, EINECS 231-131-3, EPA Pesticide Chemical Code 072501, Epinall, FA 2 (metal), FA 312, G 12 (metal), Germany: C-Pigment 2, HSDB 5034, Jelcon SH 1, KS (metal), L-3 (element), LA 113, Lead refinery silver bullion, LS 500, Metz 25B, Metz 3000-1, Shell silver, Silber, Silber [German], Silflake 135, Silpowder 130, Silver, Silver atom, Silver metal, Silver nanoparticles, silver(0), Silver(II), Silver, colloidal, Silver, elemental, Silver, metal and soluble compounds, SR 999, TCG 7r

Click on image for more info from PubChem

click for details

Search for: Agn

IUPAC Name silver

CAS Number 7440-22-4

Chemical Formula Ag

Some type of silver compound perhaps?

Les

Edited by Les

Hmmm, Albert Hoffmann took his famous bike ride in 1943, so there's a possibility.

Some type of silver compound perhaps?

I seem to remember silver compounds being used to treat the, pardon the expression, French pox :rolleyes: