News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I am looking for details (militairy careerd, birth-date, firstnames things like that) of:

NN Geim; Premierlieutenant a.D., Stallmeister und Ordensherold der Hohen Orden vom Schwarzen Adler.

PortC3; SEHO4.

KPS 1857, 1861 .

He also received the CHWO4 and is not mentioned anymore in the KPS (prussian Staatshandbuch) of 1868, so died somewhere between 1861 and 1868. Being a court-official in Potsdam, I expect him to have served in a regiment closeby. I suspected a cavalry-regiment, however searches in the regimental histories of the 1. Garde-Dragoner-Regiment, Garde-C?rasier-Regiment and Garde-Husaren-Regiment came out negative. Possibly, he was in an infantry-unit. At this point I only know where he was not in ( :speechless1: which excludes !!!3!!! already :speechless1:)

Yeah I know, a long shot....any help on where to look, possible suggestions are very welcome.

regards

David

• 3 weeks later...

David,

the only Geim I have encountered is in the 1849 Prussian Rang- und Quartierliste: A Seconde-Lieutenant der Landwehr Cavallerie Geim in the I./20. Landwehr-Regiment (Berlin). It appears he had left Landwehr service by 1851.

Regards

Glenn

David,

the only Geim I have encountered is in the 1849 Prussian Rang- und Quartierliste: A Seconde-Lieutenant der Landwehr Cavallerie Geim in the I./20. Landwehr-Regiment (Berlin). It appears he had left Landwehr service by 1851.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn

Thanks that would make sense!

regards

David