News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

picture (unfortunately not entitled to attach)

Hi

I have received yesterday a picture of the royal bavarian General der Infanterie Heinrich Delpy von La Roche. I am currently trying to date the picture, as the ODM's are very clear in sight and I have the dates of Erlaubnis zum Tragen of most of his ODM. I have several questions regarding the looks of some ODM, which I can hopefully compare with the picture and narrow down the period in which the picture was established. I am most specifically looking for pictures of:

kgl. bayer. Veteranendenkzeichen

Ehrenkreuz der Ludwigsorden (it really does say Ehrenkreuz, not Grosskreuz) there is no state mentioned in the entry, but I never heard of a bavarian Ludwigsorden??

I am also looking for a picture of the Modena-Est'se Order of the Eagle.

As the copyright of the picture lies with the Haupstaatsarchiv in M?nchen, I cannot post the picture here. I can tell you it will be in my book on the CHWO at some point, as it is

:speechless1:!!!!!THE FIRST PICTURE I FOUND SHOWING A CHWO1 IN WEARING!!!!! :speechless1:

I am sure you can all imagine my excitement.

Thanks for any help in advance!

regards

Guest Rick Research

Bavarian Ludwigs Order was granted basically for 50 years of service and having everything else. There was only the one grade of "Honor Cross" worn on a medal bar. There was also a Ludwig Medal for non-officer equivalent types of people.

I have said this many times before, but I wish you would include BIRTH and DEATH dates on your requests since somebody like the above is hardly a "household name" to the rest of us and without knowing WHEN to look, I cannot know WHERE to look.

Bavarian Ludwigs Order was granted basically for 50 years of service and having everything else. There was only the one grade of "Honor Cross" worn on a medal bar. There was also a Ludwig Medal for non-officer equivalent types of people.

I have said this many times before, but I wish you would include BIRTH and DEATH dates on your requests since somebody like the above is hardly a "household name" to the rest of us and without knowing WHEN to look, I cannot know WHERE to look.

Thanks for the explanation. Delpy von la Roche lived from 1793-1871