News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Varvara Trofimovna Radchenko

Varvara Radchenko graduated from a Medical Technical School. She entered the armed forces in November 1941 and was promoted to Junior Lieutenant 10 October 1943 at the Voronezh Front, Medical services Junior Lieutenant at the Ukrainian Front on 6 January 1944 and was promoted to Lieutenant on 30 January 1946. She served in the 209 Engineer Obstacle Battalion then the 49th Engineer Brigade. She was released from service on 28 December 1946. She had a sister.

The "Special Purpose" Engineer unit was a type of Special Forces unit whose main accomplishments were to set booby traps and mine buildings for demolition believed to be occupied by the advancing Germans. The demo teams would returm as Partisans or go behind enemy lines to destroy the buildings.

There are a lot of documents and three ODMs.

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Guest Rick Research

The untransl;ated one from the Ministry of Defense 17 October 1969 concerns amount of rubles payment due to her for her war service, as calculated back on 24 March 1947 by the 49th Pontoon-Bridging Regiment, totalling various allowances. She must have reached pension age in 1969.

The untransl;ated one from the Ministry of Defense 17 October 1969 concerns amount of rubles payment due to her for her war service, as calculated back on 24 March 1947 by the 49th Pontoon-Bridging Regiment, totalling various allowances. She must have reached pension age in 1969.

Hi RickThank You for the translation!!! I love this set. having her ODMs, research, documents and pictures.

Nice group to a female soldier. It seems to be, that the first portrait photo was taken in Germany.

To me it looks like:

Foto Schulz

Kamenz/Sa. (Sachsen)

?? Stra?e 20 (Street)

regards

Andreas

Nice group to a female soldier. It seems to be, that the first portrait photo was taken in Germany.

To me it looks like:

Foto Schulz

Kamenz/Sa. (Sachsen)

?? Stra?e 20 (Street)

regards

Andreas

Andreas,

Thank You!!! That adds to the information of this group.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...