News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fake Order of Osmanie Selling on E***

avsaribar

This sold for a lot of money, considering what it is. I think maybe it is not a fake, but just heavily repaired. The reverse medallion has a lot of "junk" on it that makes me think it was re-soldered. Also, the enamel does not look right, but it is uneven and the colors are not consistent, so I think it is just a repair job.

Tim

This sold for a lot of money, considering what it is. I think maybe it is not a fake, but just heavily repaired. The reverse medallion has a lot of "junk" on it that makes me think it was re-soldered. Also, the enamel does not look right, but it is uneven and the colors are not consistent, so I think it is just a repair job.

Tim

Dear Tim ,

I respect your knowledge and information , but in my opinion that order which was sold was totally new made . The only original part of that order is it's ribbon .

1 - The center of the order (inside of the red enamel) , must be gold inlaid , that one was not.

2 - The enamel is not cold enamel on the order.. (As you mentioned ...)

3 - The Cresent and the star on the up of the order is , smaller and less detailed then the Original Order's ones...

4 - Just till 3 - 4 years , we start to see those fake Osmanie orders in Istanbul , even I have one in my shop ..

(I am showing them to my customers...)

Below i am pasting pictures of the one which we are talking about and an original one ...

Regards,

Avsar Ibar

Dear Claudius ,

Please check the topic "To Compare , A fake and an Original Order of Osmanie" , under the "Turkey" .

You can find more pictures and info there...

Regards,

Avsar Ibar

PS: I am again posting another fakes Osmanie's pictures ... This is the same kind of fake made by the same people or company what ever...

Avsar,

I see your point. It is always hard to tell with just photographs, but there is no doubt that the center medallion is completely wrong. I hadn't really noticed it before. I would have to agree that this piece is completely fake.

Tim

• 5 weeks later...

Palencia

I know nothing about Turkish orders but it strikes me that the ends of the two hooks on your piece are very rough - just the way they would have been after wire cutters were used. Or is that just the photo.? Anyway, it seems odd to me that on a fancy enameled piece the maker wouldn't have bothered to round off and file smooth the points.

Just my two cents worth :)

Peter

Palencia

I know nothing about Turkish orders but it strikes me that the ends of the two hooks on your piece are very rough - just the way they would have been after wire cutters were used. Or is that just the photo.? Anyway, it seems odd to me that on a fancy enameled piece the maker wouldn't have bothered to round off and file smooth the points.

Just my two cents worth :)

Peter

Hi Peter,

in addition, the distribution to the holes in the back is very irregular.

Certainly it is not a fine work :rolleyes:

Dear Peter and Palencia ,

That order , i mean the one which you posted looks like an Osmanie Order with red enamel , is %100 fake.

They are selling it for 50 USD in open markets here in Istanbul.

Sincere Regards,

Avsar Ibar

Ibar Jewellery Antiques - Orders & Medals

• 1 month later...