News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Communist Cap Cockade

OK, not a big uniform guy... but I have seen some Bulgarian Communist era uniforms and hats. Most of the cockades I have seen until now were one piece, painted and very "cheap" looking.

This beret came with a documented KDS Badge. It's a two-piece cockade, base painted, top enameled and attached with prongs through the base and sweatband of the beret! Very high quality.

The question is.... can anyone confirm the piping color for KDS?

It is just a normal cockade. |Nothing special about them, the two piece cockades are very common. Just like the badges, the quality and material changed with time. The earlier pieces have porcelan base and the badge is made of quite good real enamel. After some time, we see the same shape, but the base is plastic and the badge is painted. Here are the two to compare: