News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites,

Here I wanted to show you a group I recently purchased. Although the combination of the awards is quite uncommon I doubt that it might be researchable. Anyway I'll show them to you... Enjoy!!!

ciao,

Claudio

That should be an easy one. Do you know why? This are his war time decorations only. His really big bar with Prussian, "foreign" and foreign order was lot 193, on the attached picture in the middle. That adds e.g. a RAO4, KO3, OV3, MG3 and a Dutch order... Oberstleutnant aD, I guess...

@ Sascha: I saw that, too... but too late! Actually I was more interested to get the Jantzen's bars that's why I purchased this group... I should bought also this one, too, but I forgot about in the heat of the bidding. It's an incredible long ribbon bar (16!!!)...

1. Preussen, EK 2. Kl.

2. Preussen, RAO 4. Kl.

3. Preussen, KO 4. Kl.

4. Preussen, DA

5. Preussen, Zentenarmedaille 1897

6. K?nigreich Sachsen, KVK

7. Oldenburg, FAK 2. Kl.

8. Mecklenburg (Strelitz oder Schwerin), MVK 2. Kl.

9. Anhalt, FK 2. Kl.

10. Schaumburg-Lippe, KVK 2. Kl.

11. Ausl?ndischer Orden (?), Italien (Mil. Savoyen Orden?)

12. Ausl?ndischer Orden (?), T?rkischer Orden?

13. Kaiserreich ?sterreich-Ungarn, MVK 3. Kl.

14. Niederlanden, Orange-Nassau Orden

15. Ausl?ndischer Orden, T?rkischer Medaille (?)

16. Ottomanisches Reich, Eisernes Halbmond

It's incredible that this ribbon bars groups there were split into wrong groups... I hope Thies didn't do it intentionally...

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Guest Rick Research

There were at least TEN ribbon bars in this group at George's house, with various lengths and combinations. Most, unfortunately, in rather worn and dingy condition like the supersized tiny width one of your 4. I can confirm that all belong in the same group. The original recipient's medal bar and neck/ pinback awards were also in the group... before it was split apart all over. :banger: (It greatly distresses me to think of how many forever "anonymous"--now--pinback and neck awards are split off George's groups that were intact in his collection.)

This was one of the very few groups I was able to identify for George before he got the answer.

EXTREMELY weird career--

Friedrich/Fritz von Stumm

born Frankfurt am Main 7 February 1867 was a career officer in Garde Dragoner Rgt 1 (Rittmeister 27.01.04 X5x). He was a Major i.G. (25.07.10 S) in the Great General Staff before resigning 1913/14 :speechless1: and going to der Reserve status in his old regiment. (His younger brother Wilhelm was also a dR Cpatain in 1. GDR-- Botschaftsrat and 1st Secretary of the German Embassy in London)

Fritz returned to war service in the Bild- und- Filmamt (!), acquired an EH2bX etc and retired as-- of all things-- an Oberstleutnant dR aD!

Didn't have Paul's 1918 Prussian or Reichs Handbooks in those long ago days, so will have to see if he is listed in either 1918 (as a "civilian") to show all his various wartime awards in print.

Lucky for you I am the Living Embodiment Of Memory. :catjava: :cheeky:

Guest Rick Research

PS-- Schwerin. Yet another Roll soon to be published... for those of you who are NOT Living Embodiments OF Memory! :P:ninja: :cheeky:

• 1 month later...

Just for your interest and info... I found also the medal bar sold by Thies back in 2006 (31st Auction, art. no. 31). If the owner of the bar wants to purchase the missing ribbon bars in my possesion in order to keep this group together, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ciao,

Claudio