News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice little documented bravery medal

I don't know why, but I have recently bought a lot of Bravery medals. Maybe because they are cheaper during the economy crisis. However I mostly like them because I think this medal has a lot of character.

When I saw that one, I couldn't pass it because of the small certificates that came with. I didn't have any of those in my collection. The interesting part in my point of view is the certificate which mentions that he made it to Berlin in 1945 which pass perfectly in my collection theme.

Here is my small grouping from Guard's Sergeant Ivan Timofeevich Eliceev.

What would be your guess it was awarded for? :rolleyes:

What is the signature on the left cover?

That's the certificate owner's (Yeliseyev's) signature.

What is this? Another Berlin certificate?

It's an letter of thanks to the soldiers involved in the fighting near Berlin.

Guest Rick Research

The Valor Medal privileges started in September 1944, so he got it in August--

are all the Field Post Nunumbers the same on those papers? Somebody with access to the Russian language data base might be able to tell what the regiment was, and that would tell where they were in the summer of 1944.

Very nice set that has obviously not been touched in years. :cheers:

Thank you guys for the additional information. I'll check later if the Field Post Numbers are the same on those papers.

Excuse me to ask this question, but what were the priviledges introduced in September 1944?

Thank you guys for the additional information. I'll check later if the Field Post Numbers are the same on those papers.

Excuse me to ask this question, but what were the priviledges introduced in September 1944?

For a bravery medal, the soldier got 5 roubles per month after the war as a pension. At some point the working people of the soviet union voluntary resign in the beginning 50?s to get a pension. With other words, the state was not longer able to pay the pension due to financial problems.

The awarded person got a separate coupon book with the entries that he got his 5 roubles.

regards

Andreas