News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Red Star - 1944?

Hello gentlemen, my first post on this forum.

I have just received this rather nice looking Krasnaya Zvezda, I'm thinking it is mid 1944 based on the table in Michael Riley's excellent overview of the Red Star.

The enamel has a few surface scratches but is generally pretty good.

And here is the reverse.

My second post is not far away, I have just received my first modest group of awards and shall resume the photography when daylight returns.

Cheers for now.

Guest Rick Research

"What can I do within the 70kb size constraints/"

Epson scanner-- 35.7kb =

25.3kb =

Still 9kb left over....

No muss, no fuss, no 185 resizing steps and no enormous wasted kilobytes size on whatever the heck is devoured to no use by all other equipment.

Nothing beats an Epson. Nothing. :rolleyes:

Horses for courses Rick, I'd have to say there's not much better than my Nikon :rolleyes: but as a professional photographer I would say that :cheers:

I can trim unwanted excess in Lightroom or Photoshop and vary my resolution but sadly to no avail it seems.

Hi,

"What can I do within the 70kb size constraints?"

It is not only a special scanner, because you need the picture change also for photos.

It is not an Epson, it is a Canon:

And this is a reduced photo:

Used 67.12kb, still 3kb left over from 70kb....

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

Guest Rick Research

Ah, but aside from the expense and 384 steps :speechless: to get what I get with ONE... cameras require talent. I have none whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Nobody's winning prizes or getting paid for what we post-- all that matters is being able to see what's there. Epson just works in one go for anything we need here online. :cheers:

Is using a scanner the only option? I have a Canoscan I could set up but quite honestly the idea of scanning 3D metal objects on glass is a bit of a worry to be honest.

Whilst comparisons are odious I would say that I manage to post small 50kb size images on another phaleristic site with no problems of size..

Edited by Kinto