News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

One my new little catch....

Sascha will hunt me donw now :rolleyes:

Anyway.... like Rick said as well - ID would be possible because BZ combo and Milit?rischer Karl-Friedrich-Verdienstorden what is pretty.... khmm, khmm, not common.

Unfortunetly probably owners shoulder board was sold yesterday on ebay and I didn't had luck :banger:

Here is the set what I got:

1068355531afab_l.jpg

Trapetz bar:

10683557a680d2_l.jpg

Smaller bar from WW1 period:

10715523f6df11_l.jpg

Edited by Noor

Guest Rick Research

The Old Style 3 ribbon bar suggests that

he was a dR or dL officer-- because he has a Prussian long service ribbon and no 1897 Centenary Medal ribbon and

he was a native Badener since he has the 1902 Jubilee Medal

So:

a MKFVO winner, who ALSO got a wartime Z?hringen Lion with swords, who already HAD a peacetime Lion....

but wait.. what if he was not in the 1914 Rank List? :rolleyes:

What if the only way we would know if he had a peacetime Lion was if somebody had a 1914 Baden Hof und Staats handbuch? :unsure:

What if we can ONLY find the MKFVO and a Lion with Xs and NOT the peacetime Lion? :banger:

What if we have to actually go with a eBay clue :speechless1: Hauptmann shoulder board Inf Rgt 169? :catjava:

Because of the 38 MKFVO winners with wartime and peacetime lLions who show up from Rolls and Rank Lists... NONE are dR or dL. :Cat-Scratch:

Poor Sascha. If he'd gone and transcribed the Lion rolls last summer like I was nagging him to do... we'd know right away instead of having to make guesses.

I have a guess. Just ONE. :ninja:

A very nice set Timo :jumping::jumping: . Is it possible to make close up of the green wreath please. It is to compare with mine. Like I have three different wreath for BV3 ribbon, with yours it will probably 4 versions.

Thanks

Christophe

Thanks Rick and Christophe!

I will post better pictures and close up from wreath in the evening after work!

(Its 06.11 here and still not enagh light outside but my son just don't let me a sleep from 4am :sleep: )

Hi Timo,

Here is good example. I have this ribbon bar. With some research I find a good name : Oberstleutnant Otto Teschner. Before the war he has got RAO4, DA, Centenary medal.And during the war the got the following medals : EK2, HHO3X, BV3 and BZ3aX. But I haven't photo.

Reading a Thuringian history unit ( FAR Nr. 19),I found on p.227 a photo of MAjor Steiglehner who has got the same medals. Now it's a perfect match with photo and ribbon bar

Christophe