News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've had this medal bar in my collection for a dozen or so years, and never thought it possible to ID the recipient. However, after checking out some of the threads here, I saw that it might be possible to ID the soldier who wore them using old medal rolls and such. I know it's quite a long shot, but is there any chance at all of finding out who he was? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Front:

2i6z5gk.jpg

Back:

111ktnn.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Alas yes. It's simply a VERY nice quartet, probably to an officer, but since all of these were given to any rank, even that can't be determined.

Sometimes we just have to settle for :love:

Your Oldenburg FA cross II class is non-magnetic tombak, not common piece.

Hard to find these days ;)

Nice Bar, with combination of a Hanseatic cross and Oldenburg, I saw a lot of Navy guys receiving such Medal Bars, if this says something to you...

Thank you for your thoughts, guys. I figured the recipient probably wouldn't be able to be identified, but I thought I'd try just in case. :)

Emanuel, that narrows it down a bit. Is there a specific time frame the non-magnetic type FA crosses were manufactured, or were they made at the same time as the magnetic types?

Thank you for your thoughts, guys. I figured the recipient probably wouldn't be able to be identified, but I thought I'd try just in case. :)

Emanuel, that narrows it down a bit. Is there a specific time frame the non-magnetic type FA crosses were manufactured, or were they made at the same time as the magnetic types?

Late war, some says that are also Private purchases, but for sure, they are more rare than their "Iron" brothers like from mm Bernh. Knauer for example

Thank you for the information, Emanuel. I'm far from being an expert, so I had no idea there were different types of the FA Cross. As the age-old saying goes: you learn something new every day :)