News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

panzer/luftschutz/and unknown cloth

Here are a few cloth items a friend picked up for me at an antique store.They all look to be of the correct construction to me and all the tread passes the burn test.They also passed the black light test.

The 1st one is a panser hat adler I believe.It is black thread with silver flat wire.

Guest Rick Research

The Luftschutz insignia I have seen on both overseas caps and sewn on things like overalls as a "breast eagle." Given how often their insignia changed and the mish-mash of insignia and uniforms, this seems to have been an "all purpose" insignia.

The third one is a rank insignia as worn on summer or athletic blouses upper left side by leadership personnel of the Bund Deutscher M?del and Jungm?del (girls' Hitler Youth). I don't know the exact rank, but this is on the lower end of them. Some have the unit number over the eagle's head, others don't. I don't know why.

I agree with Rick on the Luftschultz insignia. They indeed had two different sizes. I assume the smaller one was for the hat and the larger was worn like a breast eagle. I have a breast eagle size in my collection as well.

Rick,

What other Luftschultz insignia have you seen used in the capacity of a tunic/hat device? These are the only official ones I know of!

Thanks Rick and Paul.The last one was really throwing me as I have never seen one before.I was really leaning towards hitler youth because of the shape of the swaztica.I took a chance on them for $50 (all 3), because even though I wasn't sure what they were,the construction and feel of them just seemed right to me.Any ideas on there value? Thanks again guys.

Jim P

A good median price for the Luftschultz is anywhere from 35-90 dollars(the price ranges I have seen on various vendor sites). If the eagle is a real panzer, well over 100 dollars. I have never seen one for the Bund Deutscher M?del and Jungm?del before.

Regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Here are some better pictures of the hat adler.It is 64mm wide by 25mm tall and it is silver flat wire not white thread.Any thoughts on original or not? thanks ,

Jim P

Edited by Jim P