News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Ten Years service medal

hi guys, these are common and usually not very interesting, but I want to show you this one, because the condition is so good and especially because it is cased - this is the first time I ever found a cased one!! :cheers: Nice box, isn't it :cheers:

Edited by Theodor

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Whaaaaaaa.... are those SILVER hallmarks?

I can't make out what they are...

Excellent example in pristine case! Have seen 1 or 3 other examples of this award [established in June, 1889] in this type case: Ring hallmarks on them were for Austrian silver purity certification and manufacturer. Scheid of Vienna is the 'known' maker but maybe Schwertner made some--some Schwertner pieces have multiple maker's marks. Though your illustration is excellent, I cannot ID the hallmarks on your piece. If you have McNamara's work on hallmarks handy that may help [sorry, mine remains in storage]. I believe one of the crosses previously seen had a French {!} import mark on the lower limb rim.

Guest Rick Research

AHA!!!!! Here the marks are right side up--

Maker mark on left "K. (V?) and over on the right here-- Luna head 2 with Vienna "A" in 6 sided frame for .900 silver

Blurs and smudges, ha! :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Confirms the 2A Luna head-- she looks like a "devil girl" because she has a tiny cescent moon in her hair NOT horns... but that's even worse on the maker initials. :cheers:

You need an

everybody!

Epson scanner!