News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Primeran vojnik breast badge

Primeran vojnik breast badge was awarded to soliders who distinguish themselves amongst other soliders in companionship amongst soliders, brotherhood and unity amongst nations and nationalities in armed forces and in overcoming military training.

• 4 weeks later...

Primeran vojnik (Exemplary solider) breast badge.

Not rare, but I think it deserves to be seen.

11r84g6.jpg

I can see it now, yes worthy of a mention indeed I have one of these, the quality is superb :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Primeran vojnik breast badge was awarded to soliders who distinguish themselves amongst other soliders in companionship amongst soliders, brotherhood and unity amongst nations and nationalities in armed forces and in overcoming military training.

As you can see, the "award" criteria are pretty loose (as for many Yugoslav decorations and awards) so there was certainly a space for some arbitrary decisions. As far as i spoke with several ex-JNA servicemen, they usually had to get an average "excellent" grades (there were grades in JNA like in school, for several both theoretical and practical subjects, as tactics, shooting, topography, gym, moral-political education etc), to be of proper political beliefs and irreprochable behavior.

• 6 months later...

Addition comments on ''primeran vojnik'' breast badge.

I was serving in former JNA (Yugoslav People's Army) for a year. The first 6 months soldiers had initial training in their arm branch (I was infantry). After 6 month they become so called ''old army'' and many of soldiers were posted on different duties in barracks (kuriers, administrative work, canteen, kitcheen, guards, various craftsmen, etc). After initial training badge ''primeran vojnik'' was distributed to every company. As I remember, 2-3 were awarded to company of 200 soldiers. I don't remember much about grades, in spite of fact we were evaluated in many areas during initial training. But for badge best solders from the company were chosen, not only from military skills but as well from right ''political orientation''.

Between soldiers, badge was very highly praised. Not because of glory, this came collateral, but with badge 14 days leave was granted to every awarded soldier. It was possible not to take leave, but to left it on the end and finished service in the army 14 days earlier. And this was something indeed.

Sharpshooters medals were awarded as well, about 5-6 to company, but these had no leave attached.

I was awarded with none of them.

• 4 years later...